Make a Complaint 

Your feedback is important to us. It helps us to improve the service we provide. If you have concerns, but don’t want to make a formal complaint, let the CAB involved know. We take all feedback seriously and will try to address your concerns.

How to make a complaint
If you want to make a formal complaint you need to contact the particular CAB you’re unhappy with. You can make your complaint over the phone, in person, or in writing. The CAB will need your contact details to keep in touch with you about your complaint.

Once your complaint has been received by a CAB, it will be investigated by a complaints officer. A decision will be made about your complaint within one month, or you will be told if it will take longer. If you want a particular outcome, let the CAB know. They will do their best to take this into account.

You can read more about making a complaint on this handout.

What to do if you’re not satisfied with how your complaint was handled
If you are unhappy with the outcome of your complaint you can appeal to our National Office. Please address your appeal in writing to The Chief Executive, Complaints Appeal, CABNZ National Office, PO Box 24249, Manners Street, Wellington 6142.

  • Search the CAB Community Directory.
  • Call CAB: 0800 367 222.
  • Free help for Migrants
  • Become a CAB volunteer
  • /sites/internet/Style%20Library/CAB/images/promoTiles/promo_chat.jpg