We operate from more than 80 locations around the country from the far north to Invercargill, in major metropolitan areas and in small, rural communities.
Each CAB is an incorporated not for profit organisation, operated by local community volunteers. Each CAB has a Board of elected volunteers who plan, govern and promote their CAB. Some CABs have paid staff who support the management of the bureau.
Citizens Advice Bureau New Zealand
Each CAB is a member of our national body, the Citizens Advice Bureau New Zealand (CABNZ).
To be a member of CABNZ a CAB must meet a set of standards to ensure the delivery of a consistent and quality service.
CABNZ supports its member CABs through the provision of:
- an information system to support CAB Interviewers in providing the CAB service to clients, including a national database resources and organisations
- IT support for CABs
- learning and development
- Membership Principles, policies and procedures
- national representation
- work on social policy issues, based on the collation and analysis of national statistics, client case studies, and anecdotal evidence from CABs
- a collective framework for organisational development and learning
- strategic leadership and advice
- national and regional events
National Office Contact Details
You can contact CABNZ National Office by email or phone (04) 471 2735
|Our physical address is:
93 Boulcott St
||Our mailing address is:
P.O. Box 24249